BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mountains

So only one of my posts have been poems... so here's one. If I have a date for when I wrote it I'll put it up. Most of these poems were written way before I posted them.

I wrote this one after a visit to Rocky Mountain National Park

Oh Lord, You've blessed me to see
The glory of Your majesty.
The mountains tow'r above the land,
Yet before Your throne, they cannot stand
They rise with might to meet the clouds,
Yet only as Your grace allows.
The tundra grass and flowers that grow
Give way to pine trees down below.
From every trickle of melting snow,
The regal roaring river flows.
It is a shadow of the one to come.
For all these things will soon be done.
From that new River we shall partake
That worthy draft shall all death slake.
All God's people shall find true love
And give praise to Him in heav'n above.

Written: 7/30/09

0 comments: