BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Withering Candle


Have you seen a flame flicker?
Ever breathed on the candle's lighted wick?
The flicker, the flashing light moves back and forth.
The flame dances to your breath.
And eventually snuffs out.
You did not wish to put out the flame.
Only to see it dance beneath your breath.
The beauty was great but you mourn to see it gone.
We shall blow on candles to choke dancing fire.
But He will breathe into us.
And a withering flame he will never extinguish.

(Dec 4, 2009)

3 comments:

Tom Holsteen said...

That's pretty much magnificent. Good thoughts. Isaiah 42?

_trev said...

you caught me. yup. I accidentally blew out a candle at the retreat.

Anonymous said...

:D Ohhhhh wow. You know...after a few more..hundred poems...you should for sure publish a book...I'll buy it! and put some in all the libraries I go to...hehe I love it!