BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

God Will Take Care of You

I wrote this psalm-esque poem in regards to a friend going through a hard time. I've been thinking about my role as a friend and one who "points the way" when I know I can't fix their problems. The good news that we all know is, of course, that God can. Only He can.


Oh Lord, You search the heart

You know the inner workings of the mind

Lord I lift up my prayer from a desire to be righteous,

                My petition from a pure and holy heart.

I ask you to keep my heart from foolishness

                Let my mind be free from distraction

Keep me from self worship

                Or to make myself an idol and king

Instead let me point the way to You

                The only wise and holy King

You make paths straight and heal the brokenhearted

                Your arms wrap around the hurting soul

Keep me from my selfish ways

                Let me not use my name for greatness

Instead let me point the way to You

                To lead others to Your righteousnes

                To guide their hearts to Your love

1 comments:

Madeleine Wilbur said...

Trevor that is beautiful... and so true. :)